I’ve always been a little bit of a news junkie, I find myself reading articles online all the time. I watch CBC’s Power and Politics with Evan Soloman, listen to CBC’s Q with Jian Ghomeshi and read the Globe and Mail every morning. Heck I even get news alerts texted to my phone. I like to know what’s up in the world.
Sometimes a tweet just isn’t enough so I figured I’d put together a list of articles I enjoyed/took interest in. I think they’re good… or ‘gud’ – see what I did there? Yupp I’m a ham, it’s part of my charm! 😉
I figure mid week updates are more fun than end of week updates… so! What’s happened since Halloween?
- Just woke up from a coma? The US’s election was yesterday and Obama was re-elected as President of the United States
If you missed them, here are the speeches made election night…
- Paul Harris wrote a piece for the Guardian – The Clintons: the real winners of the 2012 election
Meanwhile in Canada this week…
- MPs passed bill banning masks at protests
- Michael Sona spoke out about his role with the robocalls on Power and Politics with Evan Soloman
- Quebec corruption inquiry – this could really be an HBO show
Former Montreal city engineer turns in $90K in cash
Montreal Mayor Tremblay took time off and then resigned
- Ontario Liberal Leadership – who’s in for the race? – more to come this week!
- Penashue is being questioned about his campaign spending – it doesn’t look very good.
- RCMP sends armed cars to India for Harper costing taxpayers a pretty penny. What’s happening in India?
- Freeze on B.C. salmon farming what’s happening with the sockeye?
- Investigation on Lance Armstrong’s Olympic medal from the Sydney games.
- Something happened with hockey…NHL cancelled Winter Classic. Though I don’t follow hockey – woo speed skating – I think it looks like the season will go the same.
- Speaking of Speed Skating! Speed Skating Long Track season started in Calgary.
- New York City Marathon was cancelled due to Sandy.
- Lindsey Vonn’s bid to compete against men at World Cup in Lake Louise denied
- Hyundai-Kia gave wrong fuel rates .
- Ottawa extends Chinese bid for Nexen until Dec. 10
- Tim Horton’s facing some issues?
- Canada Post making a mailbox tax.
- Gangnam Style Infograph
- Man got a Romney tattoo on his face, hoping it would encourage people to vote
- Binders full of burgers Yumm Yumm!
- Students respond to questions – creativity and snarky-ness at its best.
- Darth Vader hits up Disneyland
- john st. is unignorable and goes ‘buyral’ – I love them.
And that’s what I have for this week!