This weeks mid week roundup. Enjoy!
- Gaza. Hamas. Israel. – I honestly don’t know where to send you to read… this is a tough one… serious stuff…. google news search? Read up!
- $104 Million is going to be spent restoring the Citadelle in Quebec City.
- In the continuing Montreal corruption saga, Michael Applebaum was voted in as the interim mayor buy 2 votes. He’s the first anglo mayor for Montreal since 1912! Seriously though, does anyone want to start working on this script with me? West Wing inspired? Huh? Any takers?
- There is an investigation happening in an Ontario women’s prison regarding a guard trading sex for drugs. Really.
- Canadian government isn’t going to be blocking oxycontin. Good? Bad? Time will tell.
- Did you know that strip clubs couldn’t serve alcohol in Saskatchewan? Well, the dark days are over, you will now be able to drink and watch naked lady bits…sometimes man bits? No full monty though my friends.
- Starbucks has agreed to buy Teavana Holdings Inc. … Tea- its so hot right now. Pun time? – Why did the hipster burn their tongue? The drank their tea before it was cool. Yes. Nailed it.
- BP fined $4.5 billion for the Gulf oil spill. BP also plead guilty for 11 deaths. 2 employees were indicted on manslaughter charges.
- Hostess closes up shop. Laid off 18,500 workers. It’s a sad time for many including this 11 year old who wrote a song about it.
- Georges St-Pierre won his UFC fight after knee surgery. Why am I mentioning this? I have no idea. UFC fighting is such a weird concept to me.
- Toronto Argo’s to play Calgary Stampeders in Sunday’s Grey Cup.
- Toronto Blue Jays trade with the Miami Marlin was approved.
- The Church of England voted against female bishops Tuesday.
- The last Twilight movie came out… in related news I miss my university housemates. Sorry for sharing but then again I’m not sorry.
- One of a kind show is happening Nov 22-Dec 2. I’m planning on checking it out this weekend.
- Grey Cup festival continues this week until Sunday’s game. Check out the festivities.
- The Icelandic Canadian Club of Toronto is hosting a Pub Night on Friday for anyone who is interested in travelling to Iceland!
- The ICCT is also hosting its Free Nordic Film Night Tuesday Nov 27. GNARR is a documentary following, Jon Gnarr, the comedian turned mayor of Reykjavik during the election campaign.
- Anderson Cooper is reporting from Gaza/Israel and got sassy on Twitter.
- Please find yourself lost in this website like I did. So many wonderful cartoons and some feminism too! Love it!
- #OOMF (one of my followers) will it be a thing or a fad?
- Solitaire Deck of Cards? Yes please.
- Oh Obama, he knows his memes.
- Also, this happened.