As per usual, I’ve pulled some standouts. I’m particularly annoyed with the whole Anne of Green Gables bit…
- After saying ‘double-bunking’ wouldn’t happen in Canadian prisons a new report is saying that it is going to become a normal practice.
- Toronto’s Mayor Ford is in trouble again. He exceeded his campaign spending limit in 2010.
- The Conservative party announced that they participated in Robocalls in Saskatchewan.
- British Parliament, house of commons, voted in favour of same sex marriage.
- Jason Kenny, Immigration Minister, announced today that he is looking into taking Canadian citizenship from terrorists.
- A Sunwing flight from Nova Scotia was grounded because passengers were smoking on board. They are now looking to sue the family to cover the diversion costs.
- BestBuy. A case of how not to close up shop with their terrible employee communications.
- The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl, beating the San Fransisco 49ers 34-31.
- Lindsey Vonn suffered a crash and was taken away by helicopter. They are saying it’s a career delay, not career ender.
- Anne of Green Gables goes blonde. Meanwhile I show my feisty red-hot temper. Seriously though. This is not right.
- I read this piece about how living at home can end up being like Stockholm syndrome. Yupp, that’s about right.
- Did you know, a Canadian’s DNA was used to test the remains of Richard III. The remains check out.
- The Ikea monkey made the news again when a judge ruled that it had to stay in its sanctuary.
- I know a couple guys who knit, so this isn’t super shocking to me but still cool. Men are taking up knitting to relax and socialize. Breaking gender norms like bosses.
- Beyoncé performed at the Super Bowl and was fantastically fierce. Buzzfeed put together some of her fierce moments, which her publicist asked be taken down… the internet has those photos now.
- I haven’t seen this weeks episode of How I Met Your Mother (yet) but turns out some Canada jokes were made. Tim Hortons jumped on the opportunity and made the product called The Priestley. So great! I must watch this episode asap!
- 2nd graders correct NFL tweets. Brilliant way to teach!
- Molson Canadian put out this commercial during Super Bowl.
- Little kids are too funny.
- Finally be mesmerized by some colour ink drops in slow motion