How has it been a week since the last post? March is just flying by! Anyways, here’s the roundup.
- Marc Garneau has quit the federal Liberal leadership race. So… Trudeaumania round 2?
- There was a little issue with the Liberal party supporters being registered as voters. The Trudeau camp filed a complaint which has changed the deadline.
- The Supreme Court of Canada ruled that the Crown failed Manitoba Metis as land promises made in 1870 were not kept.
- The Prime Minister announced a deal to give the North West Territories more power and responsibility. What does that mean exactly?
- ViaRail is giving passengers free access to CBC and National Film Board material this spring.
- Pierre Karl Peladeau is stepping down as Quebecor CEO.
- Generation Y is willing to quit jobs to get ahead. I’d just like to get a job, please 😉
- The Baseball classic in Mexico got out of hand with a brawl between Canada and Mexico. Canada ended the game with a 10-3 win.
- This happened at a soccer match in Switzerland.
- CBC aired the Short Track Speed Skating World Championships this past weekend. The men’s 5000m relay race was stressful to watch, especially when this hip check happened. How the Canadian skater managed to stay on his skates after that, I don’t know. (5m 25s)
- CBCMusic.ca announced the inaugural festival happening this May. The festival will feature Sam Roberts Band, Of Monsters and Men, Aidan Knight and Half Moon Run. Excited!
- Taste of Iceland Toronto is happening next week, March 21 -24.
- Canadian Chris Hadfield is now command of the International Space Station. What a cool dude!
- If you know me well, you know I don’t really care for the whole marriage/proposal/ring/white dress la la la stuff. With that said, I do still think things can be cute and what not. This is a great Canadian proposal featuring Tim Hortons’ Roll Up the Rim.
- If you watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette, or you think those shows are stupid, you should watch Burning Love. So funny. Season 2 of the web series can be found here. Seriously. So good.
- Look-a-likes? Gosh I miss Arrested Development.