- If you know me, you know I love reality TV, but who needs reality TV when you have Canadian politics?
- It’s hard not to follow the Mayor Rob Ford situation, it’s just so dang entertaining! In the past week he fired his chief of staff, finally denied smoking crack, the Globe and Mail wrote an article about the family’s drug associations, Ford hosted his radio show calling journalist ‘maggots’, the mayor’s press secretary and deputy quit, Gawker’s ‘Crackstarter’ reached it’s $200,000.00 goal, something about staff knowing where the video is located, former staffers phone calls and emails were deleted, sources say that they Ford knew where the video was .. oh the fun! Buzzfeed did a nice little recap. Part of me does feel bad for the guy and his family.
- The Senate’s been a fun place too! Harper’s chief of staff gave Senator Duffy a $90,000 cheque to repay taxpayers. Harper claims he didn’t know anything about it. Duffy’s claims are now being passed to the RCMP to deal with/investigate. Senator Wallin has paid back $40,000 to taxpayers. I don’t think this drama will be done anytime soon.
- The courts found evidence of robocall fraud in the 2011 federal election, and reject the application to overturn the results in six ridings.
- The people behind Shit Harper Did put together this crowdfunded advertisement. It aired during a Sens playoff game.
- Things are not looking good for SNC Lavalin. The courts froze the company’s assets, an ex-exec wanted to hire Gadhafi’s son as a VP. The company recently announced it would offer 3-month ‘amnesty’ to whistleblowers.
- The CRTC will allow limited advertising on CBC Radio 2. I hate commercials, but I love CBC so hopefully this helps them out.
- If Air Canada bumps passengers from their flights, they now have to provide more compensation.
- Some companies are joining together to stop advertising on Facebook as the social networking site allows domestic violence content.
- CNN interviewed Canadian short track speed skater, Charles Hamelin, in their Humans to Hero’s series. The interview is accompanied by video.
- The Pens beat the Sens, taking the final Canadian team out of the playoffs… or something like that. I’ll have you know, I watched *most* of the series.
- Hockey Canada passed a ban on bodychecking in peewee hockey — kids under 13. Probably a good call.
- I went to my first Blue Jays game and it was a good one! The Jays won in the “bottom of the 9th”… Did I say that right? Anyways, Munenori Kawasaki made it happen. Great guy.
- There was a boil water advisory in Montreal? Only heard about it after the ban had been lifted. Oh Politics taking up the airtime.
- The Boy Scouts of America approved the plan to accept gay members, however the ban on gay adult leaders is still in effect. Time to change that!
- CBC Music held it’s first ever music festival. It was a great time.
- How would it feel to be crowned Miss Universe Canada and then the next day be told “just kidding, you actually came in fourth.” Well, meet Denise Garrido.
- Courtney Love sent this tweet to Amanda Bynes.
@amandabynes pull it together dude.
— Courtney Love Cobain (@Courtney) May 28, 2013
- Arrested Development is back! I’m taking my time with the episodes. Here’s a post with 20 hidden jokes from the first 3 seasons.
- Check out this wordless recipe for the classic Bluth Frozen Banana
- If I had a cat, I’d be catbearding. Fact.
- 1 hour and 46 mins worth of The Office bloopers? Yes, please.