Another midweek roundup! No, I didn’t write this post at work, I scheduled it to be posted while at work. Robots are friendly like that. 😉
- In the Mike Duffy saga, turns out he aspired to be minister and wanted extra compensation after being named senator. He probably wanted a pony too. I want a pony! He also missed about half of the senate meetings since 2009.
- B.C. has reaffirmed it’s opposition to Northern Gateway pipeline.
- Protests are picking up in Turkey. The Guardian talks about what’s causing them.
- Justin Trudeau’s put forth his first policy regarding MP accountability.
- Ontario Liberals are in more hot water as they deleted emails – illegally – regarding the gas plant.
- Ophea and others are urging the Ontario government to finally approve new health and physical education curriculum. The current curriculum is 15 years old.
- CP Rail is suing for mineral and timber rights on B.C. land. I don’t know much about landownership laws but this looks like an interesting case.
- Kyrgyzstan declares emergency after protests at Canadian gold firm attacked.
- Customer service response at its finest. Well done Shoppers, well done.
- CRTC has made some big changes to phone contracts! I’m glad because a three year contract is a little too long of a commitment for me!
- The Quebec soccer federation has banned turbans and says that they are following FIFA rules.
- Jon Montgomery was one of the Vancouver Games stars. He will be a leading reason why I will watch Amazing Race Canada. (but if you know me you know I love reality tv, so I don’t need much convincing)
It’s On Like Donkey Kong! @amazingracecda here we go! So stoked to be hosting. Hope everyone enjoys great TV.The adventure begins!
— Jon Montgomery (@jrmonty12) June 6, 2013
- Canada’s most good looking-ist diver, Alexandre Despatie, has retired. This video is from 2006. Fun times with Rick Mercer.
- Summer shouldn’t be as hot as last years. Thanks goodness! I wasn’t even here for most of it and could barley stand August.
- Big Brother Canada has been renewed for another season! I dare say this season was better than the American version.
- You can now make more Twitter lists. Super excited!
Update to Twitter lists: You can now make up to 1,000 lists (up from 20), and each list can include up to 5,000 accounts (up from 500).
— Twitter for News (@TwitterForNews) May 30, 2013
- A friend of mine is starting a journey biking across Canada, asking people about happiness. Can’t wait to watch this unfold!
- Replacing phones with sandwiches. So good, so yummy.
- Samesies (NSFW Language)
- This is a thing? Or a “thing”. I feel like the joke is on us with this one.
- Oh Sophia Grace and Rosie. This is fun and cute and age appropriate.